“Raynald’s artistic evolution is overwhelming. […] He excellently fuses so different musical styles and integrates them in his music with an originality and a surprising maturity. I think that the variety of styles from which he is nourished, and that impressive comfort navigating through these disparate styles, make him a “rara avis” in the world of music, giving him a distinctive, personal and outstanding voice in his instrument.” Aruán Ortiz
Despite his youth Raynald Colom has collaborated with great names of Jazz, Pop and flamenco: Greg Osby (Banned in London – Whirlwind Records), Nicholas Payton, David Sanchez, Eric Reed, Mulgrew Miller, Al Foster, The Piranha, Chano Dominguez, Joel Ross, to name a few. Artists like Carles Benavent, Luis Salinas Perico Sambeat, Chicuelo, Juan de Juan, Duquende have asked him to collaborate on their projects. He also participated in the legendary tour “Clandestino” Manu Chao.
In his recent albums Raynald had the “who is who” of the New York scene such as Omer Avital, Eric McPherson, Aruan Ortiz, Rashaan Carter, Rudy Royston, Jesse Davis, Logan Richardson, Danny Grissett, Joe Sanders or Gregory Hutchinson.
Raynald Colom has received the following awards throughout his career:
- Best Jazz Album 2010 by Cuadernos de Jazz ( “Evocation”)
- Puig Porret 2010 prize (only jazz musician to receive it)
- Album of 2005 by the magazine Enderrock ( “My 51 minutes”)
- Best Trumpeter 2001, 2002 and 2004 by the AMJM de Catalunya.
- Genres: Jazz, BAM
- Occupation(s): Trumpet player, composer, producer
- Nationality: French-Spanish
- Website: www.raynaldcolom.net